Sunday, February 3, 2013
The 5th grade created movie and movie trailers using iMovie on the iPad. The project was designed to demonstrate students' knowledge of story elements based on their reading group novel. Students collaborated to plan and create their iMovies. Groups began by using a storyboard organizer. Many students chose to organize their iMovie using the apps Popplet Lite and Corkulous. After planning, groups filmed scenes using the built in camera on the iPad. They organized the clips in iMovie and added music, voice over, and transitions. Students presented their movies to the class to spark interest in reading their novel. Teachers used a rubric to grade the final presentations. Some students chose to use iStop Motion to create stop motion videos.
Creating interactive, multimedia eBooks on the iPad is easy and fun. The creation of these books supports the writing and publishing process and can be done right in the classroom using a set of iPad apps for the workflow.
writing workflow (created in Inspiration Maps for iPad)
The publishing flow and the apps that support the publishing process:
- Brainstorm you idea with Popple or Inspiration Maps for the iPad
- Create your illustrations with DrawingPad and save to the Photo Album for use in the book
- Create your book in Book Creator for iPad or Book Writer for iPad, adding text fields, illustrations and movies
- Share your story to the iBooks on your iPad to be read like a book
- Share to Dropbox to share with the larger community and parents
- Create a QR code to share your online books